Join the lit-up snow soccer revolution!
Soccer Lights and Winter Soccer
Our night program is an innovation to soccer in the region. Also, snow soccer is nothing new. It’s a blast with many benefits. There’s no reason we can’t play in the cold so we continued the outdoor program from the summer. Why stop?
Snow on the field is not the issue. If you need the field cleared in order to play then you may be a tad dainty for this program and should consider softer activities: sleeping, eating, playing video games, and gaining winter weight. After a few minutes, the snow is flattened by us anyway. After a few games, you will climatize to this.
You also should come into this with a different mindset. The winter sports are modified based on temperature/players/conditions to make this work. Dress in layers and you are fine. Cleats work year-round. When you join our program we send you all the info you need on how to dress and get prepared.
Also, comparatively, you burn off significantly more calories faster playing in the winter versus summer. We estimate that at least 2X more calories burned in 1/4 of the time – its phenomenal! You’ll be beach ready by Valentine’s Day!
Our experience so far shows we can play up to -20 with no wind. We had a chart developed by experts for us for our other winter program to determine what activities and duration are suitable. Properly dressed in layers and you can manage this easily.
Send us an email to join our outdoor cohort program.
You can play multiple times a week, following this schedule:
Sun/Tues/Thurs: St. Albert
8v8 or 12v12 depending on location
Nov 2 Membership Update
Games played: 179
Got a talking to: 46
- The combo of cold and sweating was perfect
- Wearing cotton is a disaster
- Wearing the proper gear (base layer, mid, etc) gives you full control of your comfort
- After finding your comfy zone of layers, you are fine
- After a few sessions you get climatized to playing in cold weather
Guidlines and General Info
- Encouraging others
- Passing to the best position
- Mindful of the age and skill spread of our groups
- Adapting your skills to fit the team
- Knowing we all struggle with how COVID messed things up and need an outlet
- Play as if everyone is your brother and sister
- You have a white and a black shirt!
- No sliding tackles
- Cleats down
- Forgetting bug spray
- Ball hogs
- No coaching
- Playing competitively in a friendly
- Grabbing players
- Again, really? You don’t have a white shirt?
- You forgot your shorts?
- How did you forget your cleats?
- Are you for real?
- Game confirmation and team details 1 hour before kick off via email
- Play without a keeper so everyone gets cardio
- 3m rule for goals (inside the 3m zone)
- Full gear optional
- Play till exhaustion: The Spartan Way!
- Last goal wins
- We have tunes playing
It was fantastic, hope to see you soon guys.
The program is really fun! People are really great and fun to hang out with afterwards too! And it’s helping a lot with getting my overall confidence back, too. 🥳 Will definitely sign up for the indoor cohort program